Sunday 28 February 2010

Evaluation - Question2

How does your media product represent particular social groups?



When starting my media product I decided that I would make an R’n’B magazine. To help attract R’n’B fans I decided to conduct a questionnaire to find out their interests and wants when it came to buying a magazine. I then used the results to help represent the R’n’B social group.

I represent the R’n’B social group in a variety of ways the main being the artists used on the front cover, contents page and double paged spread as they are all synonymous with the R’n’B genre. The title of my magazine also represent the R’n’B social group as the word Bling would not be associated with any other genres of music.

The R’n’B genre is also inferred in the front cover model. I have implied the genre in her clothes, hair, makeup and her pose on a chair backwards along with her facial expression they all imply a certain attitude which is typical for an R’n’B magazine. I got the typical profile of an R’n’B cover model from magazines such as XXL, Blender and VIBE.

I have also used a limited range of vocabulary since my target audience is all R’n’B fans and does not limit to a specific age group.

No comments:

Post a Comment